Our Autumn Real Ale and Cider Festival will be held on Friday 15th October, Saturday 16th October and Sunday 17th October 2021, with a preview night for club and CAMRA members only on Thursday 14th October (18:00-23:00).
Non club members must buy entrance tickets for each day in advance. They cost £1.00 per person and may be purchased from 1st October either from the bar or online:
- Online Entrance Ticket for Friday 15th October (12:00-23:00)
- Online Entrance Ticket for Saturday 16th October (12:00-23:00)
- Online Entrance Ticket for Sunday 17th October (12:00-16:00)
Please show your ticket at the bar when you arrive; printed or electronic tickets are acceptable.
Tickets for Real Ale, Keg Beer or Draught Cider cost £7.00 for 2 pints and will be available from the bar. Other drinks are available at club prices. Card payments only.
Pale Beers [Main Bar]: (Provisional)
- Portobello Westway Pale 3.8% A golden pale ale brewed with a rich malt bill for body and smoothness. British and US hops are combined in three stages to bring delicious aromas of grape and citrus. The low ABV, gentle bitterness and a lovely freshness make this an easy-drinking pale for any occasion.
- Craft Beer Man Orange Pale 4.0% (LocAle) CBM2 Orange Pale Ale has been created for those seeking an easy drinking pale ale with a refreshing citrus hit. Showcasing the exciting Mandarina Bavaria hop, CBM2 provides a thirst quenching punch of orange and a gentle twist of hops. Perfect for hot summer days or whiling away the winter, dreaming of warmer climates. Brewed in Knockholt.
- Caveman Neolithic Pale 4.1% (LocAle) A hoppy pale ale with a straightforward malt character that really lets the citrus, grapefruit and pine flavours of our heavy hop combo shine through. A refreshing session beer for summer days.
- Goachers Green Hop Pale 3.9% (LocAle) A pale ale brewed to showcase the glorious hops that we have grown on our doorstep.
- Tonbridge Capel Pale Green Hop 4.5% (LocAle) Our original “Green Hop” ale. Brewed with fresh Pilgrim hops, picked on the day of brewing from Reeds Farm in Capel, one of our local hop gardens. This hop provides an intense citrus and honey flavour.
Blonde Beers [Main Bar]: (Provisional)
- Elephant School Aussie Blonde 4.0% Australian hopped blonde beer.
- Heritage St Modwen’s Blonde 4.1% The patron saint of Burton upon Trent, St. Modwen was a 7th century nun who founded the Burton upon Trent abbey where it is said that beer was brewed and she produced miracles with the Burton well water. A crisp and refreshing blonde beer, not too bitter with a subtle malted wheat biscuit taste.
Brown Beers [Festival Bar]: (Provisional)
- Koomor Trunk Bitter 3.8% (LocAle) Kentish Session Bitter. Easy drinking amber ale with nutty and caramel undertones. Hints of toffee, lemon and tea. Brewed in Dartford.
- Musket Flash In The Pan Green Hop Golden 4.0% (LocAle) Flash In The Pan is a Green Hopped Golden Ale with infused aromas of floral, honey, spice and blackcurrant, with a pleasantly dry, lingering, after taste.
- Milton Pegasus Bitter 4.1% Complex copper-coloured beer. The initial hoppiness is balanced with a long fruity, malty finish. Very moreish.
- Billericay Mill Meadows Red Ale 4.2% (LocAle) Rich malty flavours in this ruby red ale brewed for our local meadows.
- Portobello Star 4.3% A smooth, balanced bitter. Brewed with traditional English hop and malt varieties, Star is our take on the classic British bitter, with a modern approach to brewing technique & ingredient sourcing. Aromas of nuts and winter berries combine with biscuit, caramel malt notes for an ale with herbal freshness & pleasing bitter finish.
- Pot Belly Hedonism Bitter 4.5% A light coloured bitter with a citrus hoppy flavour, brewed to give a lifting, but not overpowering flavour.
- Twickenham Mysteries Of The Galaxy Golden 4.5% (LocAle) A fruity Golden Ale brewed with Enigma and Galaxy hops.
- Brentwood Chockwork Orange Old Ale 6.5% (LocAle) A deep chocolate, malty beer brewed with oranges to give it a background citrus bitterness and matured to create a classic ‘old ale’ style.
Dark Beers [Festival Bar]: (Provisional)
- Milton Minotaur Mild 3.3% A rich dark mild with bags of character from the lavish use of chocolate malt.
- Mighty Oak Old Man & The Sea Stout 4.1% Rich black creamy stout with satisfying malt flavours of espresso coffee, dark chocolate and a hint of dark fruit.
- Mutineers Black Flag Stout, Tonka edition 4.5% (LocAle) Thick and smooth creamy stout with a good helping on Tonka, to add a vanilla edge to it. Brewed in Bromley
- Beartown Creme Bearlee Stout 4.8% Dessert Lovers sit up and sip up. Creme Bearlee burst on the scene in 2015, a luscious dark and sweet stout, it immediately garnered some attention from stout-lovers and haters alike. Roasty, toasty notes from dark malts partnered with the sweetness of molasses and Madagascan vanilla make this the perfect “entry level” stout for those wishing to venture unknowingly onto the dark side. Once converted Crème Bearlee will welcome you time and again into its deliciously sweet embrace.
- Titanic Plum Porter 4.9% Plum Porter is our infamous, strong, dark porter that has re-defined the sector. By combining the sweetness of plums with the hoppy flavour of a porter we have bagged a winner.
- Gadds Black Pearl Stout 6.2% Roasted barley, malted oats and Kent-grown Fuggles hops combine to create this luscious, bible-black stout. First brewed for the Eddie Gilbert seafood restaurant and now brewed in honour of its founder, our friend Jonny Dunhill.
- Milton Marcus Qurelius Roman Stout 7.5% Imperial Roman Stout – an enormous, luscious and velvety stout. Bursting with dark, roasty flavour with an underlying vanilla richness.
- Marlix Cinder Toffee Stout (LocAle) Details to follow – Brewed in Petts Wood.
LocAle signifies real ale from breweries within 30 miles of the club.
Kegs [Main Bar]:
- Craft Beer Man Helles Lager 4.0% A Helles style Lager brewed to the German purity laws. With its citrus notes, it is gluten-free and vegan friendly. Brewed in Knockholt.
- Five Points JUPA Keg 5.5% JUPA is a juicy, fruity Pale Ale, hopped with Simcoe in the boil and dry-hopped with Citra and Mosaic, JUPA has bold, juicy citrus flavours and a tropical fruit character bursting with pineapple, mango and papaya. It was brewed with a touch of wheat and oats for a silky malt backbone, allowing the West Coast hops to shine.
Ciders [Main Bar]:
- Turners Apple Pie 4.0% Flavoured with spices and sweetened with fresh apple juice.
- Turners Rhubarb 4.0% Blended with fresh-pressed Kentish rhubarb a very refreshing cider.
- Turners Gold 4.0% A blend of our cider, back-sweetened with the fresh apple juice from a variety of apple called Cheerfull Gold. This juice is sweet and nectar-like and gives the cider a wonderful rounded and full-bodied flavour.
- Turners Medium 5.0% Still, cloudy, naturally sweetened with fresh-pressed apple juice, giving a full, fruit flavour. Unfiltered.
- Turners Elderflower 5.5% Still, fruity and floral, naturally sweetened with
elderflower syrup. Unfiltered. Best Kent Cider, Taste of Kent Awards 2018 and Silver Medal at the British Cider Championships, Royal Bath & West Show, 2017
- Turners Pear 5.5% Made with a careful blend of fresh juice of Conference and Comice Pears with a dash of Bramley Apple Cider.
- Turners Dry 7.0% Still, light, crisp cider with high acidity and low sweetness. Unfiltered and unpasteurised. Very Highly Commended at the British Cider Championships, Royal Bath & West Show, 2015
- Turners Single variety Russet 8.0% Still, big and full flavoured. Medium-dry.