Our last Real Ale and Cider Festival was in October 2019.
We had 20+ stunning real ales plus 11 ciders and perries. Also Craft keg, Cans and Bottles (many from our local brewers and conditioned too).
Our next festival is planned for Spring 2020 – watch this space!
Pale/Blonde Real Ales
- Battledown Brewery – Saison A Belgium Farmhouse style Beer made with springwater from the Cotswold Hills behind the Coxhorne Farm Brewery near Cheltenham. 4.0%
- Ramsgate Brewery – Gadds Green Hop Ale From East Kent using freshly picked and undried hops picked in the September harvest, capturing the seasons spirit in the day’s brew. 4.8%
- Strathaven Ales – Duchess Anne From Lanarkshire a blond lightly floral ale brewed from 50% wheat and lager malts and flavoured with fresh meadowsweet, giving this ale a refreshing, crisp finish. 3.9%
- Wantsum Brewery – 10 year Anniversary A Strong Golden Ale to Celebrate the 10th Year since the Brewery start up in 2009, this is an easy drinking Beer to toast their anniversary with. 5.2%
- Windsor & Eton Brewery – Knight of the Garter A straw-coloured Golden Ale distinctive fresh citrus hop aroma from whole leaf hops – English Pilgrim in the copper and a blend in the hopback, including American Amarillo with their gorgeous orangey aroma. 3.8%
Black/Dark Real Ales
- Bexley Brewery – Black Prince Rum Porter Celebrating their first five years brewing, and we’ve been buying their Beers for all those years; brown, chocolate, black, and crystal malts produce a dark rich ale with roasted vanilla aroma, and a sweet chocolate coffee flavour. This RUM version is conditioned with Dark Navy Rum, giving added sweetness and rich rum aroma. 5%
- Canterbury Ales – The Merchant’s Ale A smooth mild Kentish stout with gentle roast malts and soft fruity hop notes and a clean fruity finish. 4%
- Five Points Brewery – Railway Porter A rich take on the traditional London Porter. Brewed with East Kent Goldings, the Railway Porter is laden with aromas and flavours of roasted coffee, bitter chocolate and dark toffee. 4.8%
- Musket Brewery – Mild A carefully selected blend of four malts, roasted barley and Kentish hops, has produced this rich and dark mild beer. 3.8%
- Piddle Brewery – Ernie You don’t have to be the fastest drinker in the West to fall in love with the voluptuous charms of the chocolate malt,roasted barley and sweet, sweet milk sugars in a full-bodied stout. 4.1%
Brown/Amber Real Ales
- Humpty Dumpty Brewery – Norfolk Necktar From Reedham in the Norfolk Broads, An amber ale infused with local honey; refreshing hop bitterness lingers on the palate to leave a slight honey and vanilla sweetness. 4.6%
- Maxim Brewery – Samson The first commercial brewing records date back to 1932, when Samson was launched by Vaux Breweries Ltd to quench the thirst of steelworkers on Teesside. A proper brown bitter. 4%
- Pheasantry Brewery – Hoppy Brown Ale Filled to the top with American hops, slightly toasty with a dark malty sweetness. 4.3%
- Southwark Brewery – Bermondsey Best From the Bermondsey Mile a brewery that brews great cask ales, a traditional English Ale with 100% English Malt and Kentish Hops. 4.4%
- Tonbridge Brewery – Countryman Green Hop From West Kent, a green hop version of Tonbridge’s popular Countryman Best Bitter brewed with fresh Fuggle Hops providing a classically English Grassy and Floral flavour. 4.0%
- Westerham Brewery – 1965 Best Bitter Westerham celebrate their first 15 years of brewing, we have chosen 1965 brewed to a similar recipe that Bill Wickett used for his last brew at the old Black Eagle brewery on 3rd March 1965. Kent Northdown hops give a clean, refreshing full bodied flavour for which English ales are famous. Finished with Finchcocks’ Kent Goldings for flavour and aroma. 5%
- Wolf Brewery – Battle of Britain From the award winning Brewery, British Best Bitter, copper in colour this ale has lots of bite. English hops Goldings and Challenger combine to make this a glorious full bodied brew. 3.9%
Red/Special Real Ales
- Iron Pier Brewery – Rosherville Red Red ale hopped with Citra and Mosaic resulting in a big fruity nose. Well balanced and deeply scrumptious. 4.8%
- Whitstable Brewery – Rocky Rye Rocky Rye combines the rich, spicy flavour of rye malt with a choice selection of English and American hops to deliver utterly moreish Amber Ale. 4.7%
- Mutineers Brewery – Greta Green Hop Hazy pale which is light and refreshing using locally grown Cascade and Prima Donna hops, giving it a flowery taste. Only available here and at One In The Wood. 3.3%
Duckchicken Ciders (SE London)
Duckchicken is a small cider producer based in Furzedown in South London, SW16 since 2016. The apples used are from two neighbouring Kentish orchards, which would otherwise leave the apples to waste.
- Easter Hill Single variety Cox 7.4%
- Gigglejuice Russet and Bramley blend 6.9%
- Scratterbrain Cox, Russet and Bramley blend 7.2%
Severn Ciders (Gloucestershire)
- Dabinett Single variety , clear amber colour delicate distinctive flavour. 5.8%
- Perry Crisp, fresh, light and delicious. 5.8%
Turners Ciders (Marden, Kent)
- Elderflower (5.5%) Still, fruity and floral, naturally sweetened with
elderflower syrup. Unfiltered. Best Kent Cider, Taste of Kent Awards 2018 and Silver Medal at the British Cider Championships, Royal Bath & West Show, 2017
- Dry (7%) Still, light, crisp cider with high acidity and low sweetness. Unfiltered and unpasteurised. Very Highly Commended at the British Cider Championships, Royal Bath & West Show, 2015
- Single variety Russet (8%) Still, big and full flavoured. Medium-dry.
- Medium (5%) Still, cloudy, naturally sweetened with fresh-pressed apple juice, giving a full, fruit flavour. Unfiltered.
- Apple Pie (4%) Flavoured with spices and sweetened with fresh apple juice.
- Rhubarb (4%) Blended with fresh-pressed Kentish rhubarb a very refreshing cider.
You can view/download our festival program here: