The anagram round.
Each of these is a London Underground station.
- Cosset Frock – Cockfosters
- Squeals Era No – Sloane Square
- Bare Elk Zips – Belsize Park
- A Retard Cottonmouth – Tottenham Court Road
- A Dare Way Goblin – Ealing Broadway
- Upstate Yen – East Putney
- Nearly Earns – Rayners Lane
- Veal Ripe – Perivale
- Chew Gill – Chigwell
- Castrate Angel – Lancaster Gate
The list round in reverse.
The following six places all have important features in London’s geography. Identify for each why it is important. (Good luck with this!)
A field just off of Fen Lane, North Ockendon – Furthest east
A bend in Ditches Lane, just north of the church of St Peter and St Paul in the village of Chaldon – Furthest south
Next to the A233 Westerham Hill where it crosses into Kent – Highest point in London
The clockwise hard shoulder of the M25 between junction 24 and 25 near Crews Hill railway station – Furthest north
The Thames foreshore at low tide – Lowest natural point in London
The exit for Poyle on the roundabout above junction 14 of the M25 near Heathrow Terminal 5 – Furthest west
Furthest compass points in London, and highest and lowest natural points.